Friday, January 24, 2014

OPI Gwen Stefani Collection Swatches Part 1

YES its Friday!! TGIF! I always get so excited for the weekend. I have nothing planned, but the idea of sleeping in pass noon is mind-blowing. Today I have part 1 of the Gwen Stefani collection from OPI. Now I have to be honest when I first seen the promos for the this collection, I wasn't excited, the colors looked basic, but I'm glad I got my hands on them because the satin formulations are GREAT!

First up is Hey Baby is a bright pink creme with blue hues. Application was good, slightly runny but nothing to noticeable. I love pink so another pink in my collection couldn't hurt.



Love.Angel.Music.Baby is a stain matte gold color. Now I am in NO way a gold polish fan, but OMG this is a beauty!!!!!! The application was flawless, and I enjoy the satin texture. I didn't add a topcoat because the satin is so beautiful. If I had to recommend any polish from this collection it would be this one. OMG this is beautiful!


Push and Shove is a silver chrome. This polish comes with a base coat ridge filler, sadly it was garbage and opted not to use it in the pictures below. I actually didn't use a ridge filler because my nail bed is pretty smooth. The formula on this one was pretty decent. It is streaky, but I liked the fact that it didn't dry immediately fast, so I was able to apply a 2nd coat. It is opaque and with careful application 1 coat is really all needed, but I believe in 2 coats no matter how opaque. =)



To my surprise I really enjoy this collection. Obviously the stand out for me is Love.Angel.Music.Baby I could wear it everyday if I didn't have tons of other polishes. Even though there are no ground breaking, life changing colors the formula on these are so good that its worth giving a try.

XOXO,
Brandee

No comments:

Post a Comment