Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Maybelline Master Hi-Lighting Blush Review


Hi guys! Today I have 2 of the Maybelline Master Hi-Lighting blushes that were just released. There are a total of 6 but these 2 were the only ones that caught my eye. These are beautiful highlight blushes that can be used on the cheeks or as traditional highlighters. On to the review.

First up we have Mauve which is a purple nude combination. Now if you have a small enough brush you could use each color individuality, but I simply swirled them all together. The quilted pattern doesn't bleed which is a plus. Once swirled together the effect is a light shimmery blush. It was a little to shimmery for me to use as a cheek blush, but on the cheekbone it didn't really pop either. This was just ok. I wasn't wowed, I just think for my skin and the look that I was going for it didn't work for me.
Lastly we have Deep Bronze. This is a shimmery peachy bronze color when swirled together. Like mauve the quilted pattern doesn't go away. But like Mauve I found this also to shimmery for a cheek blush. This is suited better for me as a true highlight it glowed and just looked really beautiful. I did notice as the day went on that my skin did look slightly orange, so please be light handed.
Heres a swatch of each color:
Mauve to top, Deep Bronze on bottom

Overall these highlight blushes are decent. Im not in love nor am I disappointed either. I would say to give them a try and see if the whole highlight blushes are for you. For me these are just a little bit to shimmery to be a "blush" You can find these at Walgreens, CVS, Target and Ulta.

xoxo,
Brandee

1 comment:

  1. Hey nice blog post. The deep bronze looks really nice, i just started my blog yesterday it would mean a bunch if you would check it out and follow me (i follow you) thank youu xx www.VictoriaStylesEverything.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete